- 1kg local peeled wheat
- 2,5kg chicken
- 600g onion
- grinded cinnamona pinch
- carawaya pinch
- white peppera pinch
- grinded cumina pinch
- salta pinch
- Boil the washed chicken and skim the surface with a straining ladle.
- Add bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, lemon slices, onion and cardamom seeds.
- Add the washed peeled wheat.
- Boil for an hour.
- Strain the chicken then remove the skin and bones.
- Continue to boil the wheat with the flavors for another 3 to 4 hours until it’s well done.
- Add the salt, white pepper, caraway, and cumin.
- Add the chicken back to the boiling ingredients and stir well on low heat until well combined.
- Remove the solid flavors.
- Serve the Hrisseh hot in a deep plate. Add a pinch of cinnamon for garnishing.
- TIPS: Constant stirring is advised to keep the Hrisseh from sticking to the bottom of the pot.