- 500gr Red lentils
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves(chopped)
- 2liter Water
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 0.5tsp Pepper
- 1.5tsp Cumin
- • Chop the onion & fry in a hot olive oil until it becomes translucent.
- • Add the chopped garlic and after you lower the heat and keep cooking until garlic starts to change color.
- • Add the washed red lentils and stir.
- • Cover the lentil with water and leave to cook until they are tender, for ¾ of an hour (it is recommended to lower the heat when it reaches the boiling point)
- • When the lentils are done add the spices, mix it well and let it boil again, then serve.