- Make the sourdough with yeast, water and flour
- Peel and cut the “calçots” into small pieces (a long type of green onion)
- Wash and chop the parsley
- Peel and chop the garlic
- Wash and finely cut the chard leaves and stems.
- Wash and dice the “tomàtiques de ramallet” (hanging tomatoes).
- Optional: crumble the dry salted herring
For the dough
- Make a paste with the water, flour and yeast, not too thick. This will be our sourdough. Let stand one day.
- Add flour, olive oil, “saïm” (lard) and a little water to the sourdough. The dough shouldn’t be very hard. Cover it and let it ferment for 2 hours.
- Flatten the dough and place on a metal baking tray, which should be previously greased and sprinkled with paprika. Firmly stretch, with your fingers and let ferment 1 hour.
For the vegetables
- Mix the chard, garlic, “calçots” and tomatoes, everything should be diced into small pieces. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika. This is the basis of a very typical salad called “Trempó”.
For the coca
- Place the seasoned vegetable mix on top of the stretched dough and cook in a preheated oven at 200-220ºC, until the dough is crisp but the vegetables are not burnt.